At a time when it seems sickness and disease are affecting people all around us, we’re all looking for ways to longer, stronger, and healthier lives. Instinctively, we know that a plant-based diet is better for us, but how and why?
Here are some results of eating a mainly plant-based, nutrient-dense, fiber-rich diet:
- It lowers high blood pressure or hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and hyperglycemia.
- It boosts your immune system, making it stronger and more effective against sickness and disease.
- Lower incidents of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- Lower BMI, body fat.
- Sustainable weight management.
- Reduced obesity inflammatory markers.
- Lowers risk of some cancers (especially colorectal)
- Reversal of Type 2 Diabetes
According to The Beet, the number of Americans eating plant-based diets has exceeded 9.7 million. These people don’t necessarily label themselves as vegans or vegetarians but are committed to plant-based eating one-the-less. One study has revealed that the wave of interest and enthusiasm in the diet began at the Pacific and has worked its way across America from left to right.
Popular plant-based menu items at the Cotati Food Service include:
- Maple Tempeh ‘bacon’
- Beefless Strips
- Chickenless Cubes
- Vegan/Vegetarian Meatballs
- Vegan Garden Burgers
- Best Foods Vegan Mayo
- Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza Crust (10” and 14”)
Plant-based eating is popular for many reasons. It can be a varied and fulfilling way to eat a broad spectrum of delicious foods.
Are you a restaurant looking for quality foodservice, at fair prices, with excellent customer service? Contact Cotati Food Service today!