The freshest, juiciest raspberries are harvested in July, and July 31st celebrates this harvest by having a National Raspberry Cake Day! What is better than offering your customers a raspberry cake? Make it even more special with an add of white chocolate! Here is a recipe combining the flavors of raspberry and white chocolate.
Ingredients for small batch (Total batter weight 20lb 12 oz):
● R&H Vanilla RichCreme Base – 10lb – Item#: MIX127 CREME CAKE VANILLA
● Whole Eggs – 3lb 8oz – Item#:
● AP Flour – 1lb
● Vegetable Oil – 3 lb
● Water, cold – 2lb 4oz
● Raspberry Filling – 1lb – Item #: FIL145 RASPBERRY 40#
● White Chocolate – 1lb (to melt and create curls) Item: CHOC007 WHT HISIERRA 10# GUIT
● OPTIONAL: Item #: FF013 RASPBERRY CRUMBLES 20# IQF and Item#:FF015 RASPBERRIES WHOLE RED IQF
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees F
2. Grease 8” ring pan (1lb 6oz)
3. In a Hobart (or similar) mixing bowl, add whole eggs, add cake base mix and flour. Blend with paddle 1 minute on low speed, then cream 3 minutes on medium speed.
4. Add oil and water on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl and paddle.
5. Add raspberry filling and blend on low speed for 3 minutes.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes
7. Once bake, cool 30 minutes
8. To finish, shave some white chocolate into curls, then melt the rest of the white chocolate to drizzle over the cake. Create a compote sauce with IQF raspberry to drizzle on top, and accent with fresh raspberries to top and bottom edge.
Buchmann Bakery Supplies carries these high quality ingredients, along with boxes and more. Contact a Buchmann Customer Service Associate today at 619-443-6875 or firstname.lastname@example.org.