The August 7th edition of the Legacy Market News provided an overview of weekly market updates in produce, dairy, meat, and more. The report highlighted relevant updates in the flour industry, courtesy of General Mills Foodservice. Here are the primary takeaways:
- Wheat futures fell lower last week due to harvest pressure in the U.S. and improved crop outlooks internationally
- Basis premium prices fluctuated for high protein spring wheat flour
- Winter wheat basis levels seem stable
- U.S. winter wheat harvest is more than 85% completed
- Spring wheat was 5% harvested by August 2nd
At Buchmann Eggs, we know how important quality flour is for delicious cakes, cookies, muffins, and more. Contact our team today to learn more about how our fresh ingredients will improve all your tasty baked goods!