The August 21st edition of the Legacy Market News featured weekly market updates in the flour industry, courtesy of General Mills Foodservice. Here are several key takeaways:
- Kansas City futures up around 20 cents/bushel on larger than expected U.S. exports and tightening ending stocks.
- Hard Red Winter basis weakened following the rally in futures.
- Spring wheat harvest showing 30% harvested compared to the 5 year average of 43%.
- Crop conditions on spring wheat ticked up 1% week on week.
- Potential for some more large export numbers as the U.S. Dollar remains weak.
At Buchmann Eggs, we know the key role that flour plays in tasty baked goods. Our products include the highest quality flour promised to produce delicious baked goods defined by excellent rise and body.
Contact our team today for more information on how we can supply your business with quality flour!