Food safety is one of the highest priorities for storage facilities. There are a variety of factors, from water damage to animals, that can cause significant problems and threaten food safety.
Here are five areas that storage providers must check on a routine basis:
- Patch any holes in window frames or windows
- Watch for leaks in the foundation edges, walls, or roof
- Check for any rodent burrows or tracks around the building
- Eliminate any exterior or interior damage like open pipes, holes, or cracks
- Prevent chemicals, pesticides, or cleaning agents from getting near any food items
It is important to be mindful of these tips when searching for a storage location. The warehouse at Cotati Food Service provides customers with a clean, safe, and structurally-sound environment that can fill a variety of storage needs.
For more storage tips, continue reading at Modern Restaurant Management.