The July 10th edition of the Legacy Market News featured a crop report from Seneca Foods Corporation – this report included important updates about several crops around the country. Notable takeaways include:
- Sweet corn planting is wrapping up this week and into early next week – recent heat has helped the crop continue to emerge
- The green bean crop is now 66% planted – every region will continue planting this week
- Red beet packing will begin in mid-July throughout the Midwest
- The California cherry harvest ended with a lower yield than normal years but enough to secure the needed pounds
- Pumpkins in Arkansas are good and stable – the harvest projection continues to be the last week of July
Check back next week for more updates from the Legacy Market News!